Dr Divya Kannan
MBBS, MPH, FRACGP
Dr Finlay Forbes
MBBS, FRACGP, Dip in Child Health
Dr. Sajan Talreja
MBBS, Dip in Cardiology
Dr. Mankirat Singh
- Women’s & children’s health checks
- Immunizations – both childhood and travel
- Skin checks and procedures
- H Endorsement, Medicals and Work covers
- ATSI health
- Diabetic clinics
- Health assessments Mental health care
- Chronic disease management
- Weight management
- Nurse support
- Minor surgical procedures and cryotherapy
Are you looking for a family medical practice in central Darwin? Then look no further than Mediclinic. Our general practice surgery is equipped to provide a comprehensive range of services.
You will find our Darwin surgery offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere with friendly staff and general practitioners who will always treat you with respect.
Whether you require children’s health checks, vaccinations, skin cancer checks, or women’s health assessments, you can rely on us to provide you with sound medical advice. We also provide pre-employment and work cover health assessments should you require them.
Appointments are available daily, although we recommend you book in advance to ensure there is a doctor available to see you.
We are located in Carpentaria House, Suite 5 / 13 Cavenagh Street in Darwin. We are directly across the road from the Cav Hotel, and there is ample parking available in the area. Being centrally located we are also easily accessible by public transport.
We would be well located for anyone in the areas of Darwin, Stuart Park, Parap, Ludmilla, Larrakeyah, Winnelli, Woolner, Nightcliff, Coconut Grove and Rapid Creek.
As a bulk billing practice, we offer bulk billing to all patients holding a valid Medicare card for all Medicare-eligible procedures. This means no out-of-pocket cost for most general consultations. For patients without Medicare, our fees are $60 for a standard consultation and $85 for a long consultation.
With our convenient online booking service, booking an appointment is easy and can be done at any time. To get started now, simply click on your preferred appointment time from the options displayed at the top of the page.
For more information on our services feel free to call our Darwin medical practice today.
Covid-19 Tele health update
New service in light of covID 19 – Telehealth consults FAQs
Why Telehealth ?
As a medical practice, we have a duty of care towards our patients as well as our staff to keep the premises infection free and minimise risk of transmission. Some or most of our patients’ problems can be handled through a face time/ skype consult or a phone consult without having to meet in person. This way, we can keep our vulnerable (aged, pregnant, chronic disease and immunocompromised patients) at home without risk of exposure as well as patient with respiratory symptoms away from the practice, whilst offering medical advice efficiently without disruption of services.
Who can do Telehealth?
1) From 30/3/2020, all clients who have been to Mediclinic before as a patient are eligible for a bulk billed telehealth consult
2) You can make an appointment through our online portal (hotdoc/health engine) as a telehealth consult or contact our helpful staff on 0879700793 to make a telehealth appointment
3) If you are a new patient, you will have to contact reception to discuss your options and help us provide you services.
How does it work?
1) Once you have made a telehealth appointment, the doctor will ring you on the phone or a video consult (this depends on your choice of available software/need of examination and convenience) at the specified appointment time.
2) Once the doctor has completed the consult, any prescriptions will be faxed off to the pharmacy of your choice. Any pathology /imaging forms will be sent to the services and copies sent to you via email. Medical certificates and any patient information will also be emailed to you. This way you do not have to come to Mediclinic to pick up any paperwork.
3) If after the consult, the doctor seems it necessary for you to present to the practice for an in patient examination, an appointment will be made at a suitable time to do this in a safe manner.
What if I don’t want telehealth and prefer to see a doctor in person?
You can still choose to see us in person if required, but it is in your and the practice’s best interests for you to use our telehealth services. However, we respect the patients’ choices and will see you in person after a brief chat with our admin team doing some screening and ascertaining that it is safe to do so.
These are trying times and we understand that all the uncertainty of covid- 19 has made it difficult to function as normal. However, the staff at Mediclinic will continue to endeavour to adapt and provide you clinical care to high standards as always. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Dear Patients, Please be advised that we are not considering any appointments of new patients at the moment. This is due to unexpected growth in the number of patients who have had symptoms of COVID-19. To better serve our existing patients we could not accommodate new patient appointments. Any inconvenience caused is regretted. Team Mediclinic.